Bridging Loans For Buying Property At Auction

Buying a property at auction involves paying a 10% deposit on the day and signing a contract to say the remaining 90% will be paid within 28 days. Often, buyers do not have the required amount of money to buy a property outright, and they must consider finance options such […]

Is Japanese knotweed a problem when selling my house?

Whenever you’re ready to sell your house, it’s vital to be upfront with buyers about every aspect of the property, positive and negative, in order to avoid potential future liability for not revealing anything – the presence of Japanese knotweed is a significant factor you must disclose. Officially designated as […]

“eBay for property” launches to help estate agents with sales and rental listings

A new online property service is launching that enables estate agents to add an auction element to both sales and lettings. LetsBid Property assists estate agents by enabling them to upload their listings to the website where registered buyers and renters can bid for property they’re interested in. “The whole […]

Seven Steps to Property Auction Success

Whether you’re looking for an old property or new, a renovation project or a rental ready unit, here are some top tips from the experts at Belvoir to help you secure a successful investment on auction day… 1. Purchase practice The atmosphere of the auction room can be intimidating for […]

Finding the best property under the hammer

Over the past few years aspiring investors have taken to the auction houses in search of a bargain. But although there’s no doubt that amongst the lots on offer there’s certainly a great deal or two to be had, not every property that goes under the hammer will be right […]

Become Invisible – Auction Etiquette

Keep your head down in the saleroom. Dress down. Be quiet, unassuming, unobtrusive, anonymous. Blend into the surroundings. If at all possible, wear clothes displaying a matching pattern to the wallpaper, or attire yourself in the same fabric as the chairs. Sport shoes the colour of the carpet. Don’t stand […]