Buying a home is one of the most significant purchases most people will make in their lifetime. As exciting as the prospect may be, buying a home can also be an overwhelming experience, even if this isn’t your first time. With several options, processes, and financial matters to navigate, it can be challenging to know where to start. This is why Property Secrets has put together the following checklist of tips and resources to help you out. From selling your current home to finding your new property, we’ve got you covered!
Sell Your Current Home
There are a few things to consider when selling your current home, including timing, valuation, marketing, and legal requirements.
- Consider the pros and cons of selling before buying and vice versa to ensure you time this process properly.
- Research the current market trends in your area to determine the best time to put your property on the market.
- Obtain an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) from an approved domestic energy assessor.
Organize Your Home Buying Documents
Buying and selling a home involves countless important documents. Make a plan to keep them organized to save time and stress.
- Learn how to reduce file size of PDF so you can easily email large files to the professionals on your home buying team.
- Make sure you have all the documents you need in order to buy a house.
Prepare Your Finances
Preparing your finances is a crucial step in buying a home in the UK and can help you determine what you can afford and how to secure the right mortgage.
- Be prepared for all the additional costs that come with buying a home beyond that of your monthly mortgage payment.
- Calculate how much mortgage you can afford on your household income.
Find Your New Home
When you’re ready to search for your new property, you’ll need to consider several important factors to ensure you wind up in the perfect place.
- Decide on the type of property that best suits your needs, such as a house or flat.
- Consider the location of the home, surrounding neighbourhood, and community amenities, such as shops, schools, public transportation, and entertainment options.
- Ask your real estate agent several key questions about each property you view.
Buying your new UK home doesn’t have to be as overwhelming as it may seem. From selling your current property to organizing your home-buying documents and preparing your finances, following a checklist will help you stay on track. By making use of the tips and resources provided in this article, you’ll be well on your way to finding your dream home!
Are you looking for more helpful real estate resources like this? Check out Property Secrets for investment deals, real estate advice, and tools to help you plan your purchase!
Photo via Pexels